Promotional Posters for the 2013-2014 season of Arion the Montréal Baroque Orchestra.
These are as fabulous as the music they play! Check out their website if you live or plan to visit Montréal.
Beethoven’s Eroica: opening chords (by proteinjivesutra)
Mahler: Symphony No. 7 - Nachtmusik (I)
Haunting, echoing horn calls to end the night and start the day.
For someone of my generation, this music also evokes motor oil.
(Itzhak Perlman / Violin) plays Paganini’s Caprice 1,5 & 24
If you want to hear music written by a man who can be described as the world’s first rock star, take a listen.
Some Paganini facts:
- First musician to associated with ‘The Devil’.
- Women were rumored to faint at his playing.
- At over 6 feet tall, he towered over almost everyone.
- Musician in the court of Napolean’s sister, who ruled part of Italy at the time.
- Contracted Syphilis in his teens. Treatment back then? Purging.
- After years of purging, stomach acid ruined his teeth and he received dentures.
- A gambler and womanizer he fathered one son.
- When he passed away, the church refused to bury his body on the grounds of his supposed deal with the devil.
- They finally buried him…. 5 years later.
the moral of this story is all the music blogs are in love with each other
Singing famous composers’ names in the style of that composer.
This is amazing.
I love it when this comes on my dash!
I SAW THEM DO THIS LIVE AND IT WAS THE GREATEST THING
Why do we never talk to each other? We should do that.
Interior of Concertgebouw hall Amsterdam rebuild in the studio in Paris.
Oberon ouverture (von Weber);
l’ Arlésienne - adagietto (Bizet);
Hungarian March (Berlioz)